JSMCentral follows a set of guidelines to help our authors to maintain consistency in uniformly formatting, and visual style. Author guidelines are available so that you may please prepare your submission according to the formatting guidelines listed.
Manuscript formatting checklist is described in detail under following categories.
Checklist to be followed at submission
JSMCentral has a very strict selection criteria and vigorous review process and are declined or rejected if it does not satisfactorily address the reviews provided by Editor/Reviewers.
Post Submission: As soon as the manuscript is submitted it will need some time to undergo pre-peer review processing and then will be acknowledged. Once this initial decision is acknowledged Manuscripts with appropriate content fitting to the Journal scope is now considered for further processing and assigned to the Editors. Since Editors could be categorized under broader scope, each manuscript will be assigned to a set of external independent reviewers who have vast experience in the tiny fraction of subject area. Pooled comments shall be notified author for changes and then sent for acceptance /recommendations. Many of the articles are rejected in this stage due to inappropriate addressing of the revisions, no proper high-lightening and mentioning responses to reviews.
How could you help readers find your article?
JSMCentral encourages the practice of improving the quantity and quality of traffic to your published article through organic search engine results. Search Engines like Google, Bing, crawl (using ‘Spiders’ a computer code) through the URL pages and then index with the keywords picked from the abstract. Thus we strongly suggest you to repeat the keywords (atleast 3-4 times) and note that keyword must be present on the title as well. This helps the readers to search your article when they are searching with that “repeated keywords”. If this repeats are not followed, the article might not be shown up easily to the readers unless complete title is used in the search column. This will not allow many visitors onto your article that leaves fewer chances of citable options to your new article.
Prepare your Manuscript:
1. Language: JSMCentral is currently accepting Manuscript only in English Language. Please make sure that other language manuscripts must be professionally translated to English before submission as there is no Language Editing service available with us. Most of the revisions arise on the English writing and grammar as it provides poor readability and understandability to the readers. Thus for the non native English speaker, we suggest to edit the Manuscript with professional native English Editors.
2. Readability: Sharing research results with the world is key to the progress of your discipline and career. Make your write up easy and understandable. Do not overwrite the results that lead to confusion of scientific content.
3. Title Page: Title of the manuscript must be ideally 10-15 words. We do not limit but suggest to use fewer words yet descriptive enough to illustrate your research scope.
Title page include Title, Author affiliations, Abstract and Keywords.
Author affiliations must be numerically numbered along with aster (*) mark for corresponding author. If there is any additional author contributing equally, please represent with ash (#) mark.
Make sure author affiliations are provided with department, university and country. If any author is sharing same department, university and country, please use same affiliation number.
Eg., Current Diagnostic and Therapeutic Strategies in Treatment of CNS Hemangioblastomas in Patients with VHL
Marie T. Krüger1, Jan-Helge Klingler1, Christine Steiert1, Cordula Jilg2, Stefan Zschiedrich3, Birke Bausch4, Vera Van Velthoven1 and Sven Gläsker1*
1Department of Neurosurgery, Freiburg University Medical Center, Germany
2Department of Urology, Freiburg University Medical Center, Germany
3Department of Internal Medicine, Freiburg University Medical Center, Germany
42nd Department of Internal Medicine, Freiburg University Medical Center, Germany
Abstract: Abstract must summarize the complete manuscript in one paragraph less than ~300 words. Make sure you add the keyword repeats (3-4times) for better indexing of your abstract in search engines.
Keywords: Add 4-8 most important key phrases of your manuscript. This helps page indexing which increase visibility to your manuscript on search pages.
Style and Formatting:
File format: Please submit the manuscript only in DOC, DOCX, or RTF format. Manuscripts containing mathematical formulas must be written with MathType
Word Limit: Knowing the word limit of the manuscript is very important to structure your content in precise way. For research, review articles the word count is ~5000 words excluding references. For case reports, case series, mini review, short communication, the word count is ~2500 excluding references. Any other manuscript types the word limit is ~1000-1500 words excluding references.
Font: Please use Times New Roman 15 Bold (Centered) for title, Times New Roman 11 Bold for Author Names and headings in the manuscript, Times New Roman 10 (Justified) for rest of the Body of Manuscript.
Paragraph Settings: Kindly use 1.5 Line spacing, Justified and 6 pts in between paragraphs.
Footnotes: Foot notes are usually not permitted. However if you think it is mandatory for your manuscript, please inform editorial office at the time of submission.
Special Characters: Manuscript containing special characters such as symbols, please insert them in the word.
Nomenclature: Species and Gene Names, kindly italicize. Also non English words such as invivo, Invitro, denovo, in situ, exvivo, in silico, etc., words must be italicized.
Abbreviations: Define abbreviations under a heading for the ones those at least three times in the text.
eg: RPoB: RNA polymerase B; HGNC: HUGO Gene Nomenclature Committee
References: JSMCentral uses Vancouver referencing style that uses a numerical approach. It refers to sources cited in the text must in numerical order according to their order of appearance. If the same piece of work is cited more than once then same citation number should be used. Each reference number should be enclosed by square brackets e.g. .
References format: Author(s) last name, Title, Journal Short Name, Year, Volume: Page numbers.
Journal Article with less than 6 authors: Schneider LS, Dagerman KS, Insel P. Risk of death with atypical antipsychotic drug treatment for dementia: meta-analysis of randomized placebo-controlled trials. JAMA. 2005; 294: 1934-1943.
Journal Article with more than 6 authors: Rose ME, Huerbin MB, Melick J, Marion DW, Palmer AM, Schiding JK, et al. Regulation of interstitial excitatory amino acid concentrations after cortical contusion injury. Brain Res. 2002; 935: 40-46.
Book Reference: Gilstrap LC 3rd, Cunningham FG, VanDorsten JP. Operative obstetrics. 2nd edn. New York: McGraw-Hill. 2002.
Chapter in a Book Reference: Misra NC, Misra S, Chaturvedi A. Carcinoma gallbladder. In: Johnson CD, Taylor I, editors. Recent advances in surgery. London: Churchill Livingstone. 1997; 69-87.
Conference proceedings: Harnden P, Joffe JK, Jones WG, editors. Germ cell tumours V. Proceedings of the 5th Germ Cell Tumour Conference, 2001 Sep 13-15. Leeds, UK. New York: Springer, 2002.
Dissertation: Borkowski MM. Infant sleep and feeding: a telephone survey of Hispanic Americans [dissertation]. Mount Pleasant (MI): Central Michigan University. 2002.
General Link Reference: National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization.
Figures Preparation Checklist:
Please be noted that figures represent crucial part of your manuscript and they must meet basic requirements as listed.
File format: Figures must be submitted in high quality, JPEG, PNG or TIFF Files.
Size: ~ 8-10 MB
Resolution: min of 400-600 dpi
Figure Legends: Please note that Figure legends must not me incorporated in the figure. They must be separately provided in the same Manuscript.
For Biological/Chemical Drawings: We recommend you to use chemical drawing software such as ChemDraw, etc., for inserting chemical/biological structures.
Labeling in the Manuscript: Please make sure to insert Figures in sequential form in the body of the Manuscript. Mention all the Figures provided in the Body of the manuscript within round brackets.
Eg. Cell Assay is performed (Figure 1). The sequencing patterns of the data are provided during the same process (Figure 2,3).
Table Preparation Checklist:
Please be noted that Tables are significant in communicating large amount of complex information. Thus it is important to effectively structure the tables so that readers can easily understand without referencing back to the text.
1. Combine repetitive tables.
2. Divide the data and use them in multiple columns under appropriate headings.
3. Submit editable format: Please prepare the tables using excel sheet and then insert them or by inserting Table option in word document.
4. Kindly note that Tables submitted in image format shall be returned back to authors for proper preparation in table format/editable format.
5. If your data is too large to fit into the manuscript, please plan to submit them under Appendix or supplementary data.
6. Please provide separate table legends above each table without inserting the inside the table.
7. Make sure that these tables are clearly mentioned in sequential format of their appearance with proper mentioning in the text.
Eg: Cross recombination of genes among the group is performed (Table 1). Sequential analysis is therefore performed under multiple steps to refrain original data (Table 2).
Table 1: Group Analysis of Patients undergoing genetic testing
|No of Patients||
|Group A||Group B|
Conclusions must be free of figures, tables and citations. They are powerful communication part to conclude your findings in the manuscript. Please do not overwrite the results as it is a wrong way of presenting conclusions. Most of the readers find conclusions before they read the full length article. Thus it is important for you to present conclusions in professional, significant and sustain the interest of the reader.
Article Processing Charges
JSMCentral is an independent, international, open access, peer reviewed journal. We receive no support from Open Access funds or Third Party. We follow Author pay/Gold Open Access model to make a work available on open access. They are the most common funding support for journals publishing open access articles.
Any Article published with us is payable when your article is published and is error-free. The Article Processing Charges cover a lot of internal process such as pre-publishing quality check, plagiarism check, online web services for permanent archiving of your published articles, Editorials, Additions, Handling Staff, web conversions, processing charges, etc.) However we do not charge for submission fee, charges based on multiple figures, multiple tables, extension of word limits, supplementary data, rejected articles, etc.
To describe in detail APC Includes:
1. Pre-Processing: Each submitted manuscript undergoes quality check via paid software for plagiarism check, journal handling staff reviewing any missing aspects in the manuscript.
2. Processing: Editorial/External review assignments to provide accurate expert opinions for your submitted article, managing with in-house staff for the other editorial process, and other administrative works included.
3. Article Production: Basic language editing, typesetting, proof reading and production in online compatible PDF formats, web maintenance for permanent archiving of your article.
4. Post Production Corrections: We believe quality is very important and thus we do corrections multiple times to produce error free publications.
5. Web Hosting and Dissemination of your Work: website hosting, disseminating your work on our social media for higher visibility upon request.
6. Discounts & Waiver request form: We never count authors by charges. We are very happy if your article received merit comments with at-least one accepts as it is recommendation to provide reasonable discounts. Anyhow, we request author to raise discount options by filling the discount waiver form. However the decision of discounts/waivers lies with the in-house Incharge. Please be noted that waivers are supported only an extent and full waivers are not acceptable as each manuscript involves a cost to the publishing house as well.
Reprint Request: Reproducing Journal Articles in hard copy to disseminate among your well known network improve the scope of citations. At JSMCentral, Reprint requests are available both in color or black and white format to help you educate and disseminate your research work effectively. However reprint requests are accepted with additional charges and minimum order of 100 copies. For more information on this, kindly email to email@example.com
Guidelines before you submit revision/ revised manuscript:
It is important to note that you address every comment given by the referee. These comments help your manuscript gain improvement in scientific standards. Please understand that the reviewers or editors have limited time and thus you need to either highlight or color the changes in the final revisions to make the difference where the changes have been made. Also make sure you address all the response to review comments in different document which will be easy for the reviewers or editors to track the changes.